Eastcote Park Estate Association – Constitution and Rules
TITLE The Association shall be called the Eastcote Park Estate Association.
OBJECTS The objects of the Association shall be to maintain, safeguard and improve the amenities of the residents of Eastcote Park Estate and surrounding areas and to protect and further in every legitimate manner their interests in all matters affecting them as a body.
The Association shall be non-political and non-sectarian.
MEMBERSHIP All households on the Eastcote Park Estate shall be eligible for membership of the Association.
SUBSCRIPTION The annual subscription, payable in advance, shall be due on 1 January of each year; it shall be such sum as approved at the Annual General Meeting and shall cover all members of one household.
Subscriptions shall be recorded in an official receipt book.
- The Officers of the Association shall be Chairman, Treasurer and Secretary.
- The affairs of the Association shall be managed by a Committee consisting of the Officers and seven elected members.
- The Committee shall meet as necessary, but a least once every three months. Five members, of which at least one is an Officer, shall form a quorum.
- The Officers and all Committee members shall retire annually but be eligible for re-election, the term of office of the Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer being normally limited in any one continuous period to three years.
- The Committee shall have the authority to co-opt a maximum of two additional members on to the Committee to deal with specific matters/projects relating to the Estate.
- Fourteen days’ notice of all General Meetings shall be given specifying the business to be transacted thereat. Notice should be considered to have been given by the delivery of a formal notice to the address at which each member resided at the time when the last subscription was paid.
- An Annual General Meeting shall be held before the end of May each year.
- After receiving a Requisition signed by at least 20 members and setting out the business to be dealt with at such meetings, the Secretary shall convene a Special General Meeting of the Association to be held within 28 days of receipt of the requisition.
- The Committee shall have the power to call a Special General Meeting at any time by giving the requisite notice.
Voting at General Meetings shall be by show of hands – only one vote for each household membership. This may be followed by a written vote on the same basis at the discretion of the Chairman if the result of voting by show of hands is not clear. Voting papers are to show the address of those voting. A simple majority will be required to carry any motion, except where the rules specifically require otherwise.
- ELECTION OF OFFICERS AND COMMITTEE
- The Secretary shall give with the Notice of the Annual General Meeting a list of those Officers and Members of the Committee who offer themselves for re-election. It shall be open to every member whose subscription is paid to nominate any other member for all or any of these positions. The written consent of any member nominated must be sent with the names of the proposer and seconder to the Secretary not less than seven days before the meeting.
- The Annual General Meeting shall elect the Officers and Committee Members from the names submitted in accordance with Rule 8(a).
- In the event of insufficient names being before the meeting, nominations may be accepted at the Annual General Meeting, otherwise the Committee shall fill such vacancies at their discretion. The Committee shall also have power to fill any vacancies arising during the year.
- The Financial Year shall end on 31 December.
- All funds received on behalf of the Association other than moneys approved by the Committee to be held as petty cash shall be deposited in an account in the name of the Association with a Bank/Building Society Share or Deposit Account or as approved by the Committee and cheques or withdrawal authorities shall be signed by any two of the following: Treasurer, Chairman and Secretary.
- All expenditure shall be approved by resolution of the Committee, which shall also decide the amount of petty cash to be held by Officers and Committee.
- Any funds surplus to immediate requirements may, on the approval of the Committee, be invested in investments authorised by law for the investment of Trust Funds.
- The Accounts shall be audited annually and presented to the Annual General Meeting.
- Two Auditors shall be appointed each year by the Annual General Meeting. They shall not be Officers or Members of the Committee or members of the same family.
RECORDS The Secretary shall have custody of the records of the Association, except for the Accounts which shall be maintained by and be the responsibility of the Treasurer.
AMENDMENT TO RULES
- No amendment shall be made to these Rules except by the Annual General Meeting or a Special General Meeting called for that purpose. The proposed amendment with the names of the proposer and seconder shall be received by the Secretary 28 days before the Annual General Meeting. In the event of a Special General Meeting being requisitioned for the purpose of amending the Rules, the proposed amendment shall accompany the Requisition.
- Two-thirds of the vote recorded shall be required to carry any such amendment.
The Association shall be dissolved only upon the vote of two-thirds of the votes recorded at a General Meeting called to consider the question of dissolution. Such General Meeting shall also resolve the disposal of the Association’s assets upon dissolution.